MEDICAL DISCOUNT PROGRAM GUIDELINES
Customers who need electricity for life-sustaining devices may qualify for 50 percent off the first 500 kilowatt-hours used during each residential billing cycle.
Lathrop Irrigation District (LID) offers a discount rate for qualified customers who are dependent on qualifying medical life support devices at home or who have a condition or disease that requires special heating or air conditioning. This discount cuts in half the cost of the first 500 kilowatt-hours (kWh) of electricity used in each billing cycle. The discount is for only the first 500 kWh of electricity and does not apply to any other charges, fees, penalties or taxes.
- Download and print the Medical Discount Program Application here
- Complete and sign the first page of the application.
- Ask your doctor to complete and sign the second page of the application.
- Download and complete the Required Forms (use the blue link) to submit with your Application
- Include proof of one month's income received within the last three months for everyone in your household.
- Complete one IRS Form 4506-T above for every adult (18 years or older) in your household.
- You can mail or ask your doctor’s office to mail the completed application form and supporting documentation to:
Lathrop Irrigation District
P.O. Box 1397
Lathrop, CA 95330
When LID has received and approved both parts of your completed application, we will send you a letter to say that you are now on the Medical Discount Program rate.
Questions? Call LID at (209) 888-4799
You may qualify if:
· Your household income is at or below the current District guideline of $5,525 per month. Effective 01/01/2018, and;
· You (or a full-time member of your household) use a life support device. This is a piece of medical equipment that sustains your life or gives you mobility. You must use the medical device at home. The device must be electric and must use electricity supplied by LID or,
· You (or a full-time member of your household) have a qualified medical condition that requires special heating or air conditioning needs.
You need to know:
· You must pay your electric bill on time each month to avoid having your power shut off. If LID turns your electricity off because you did not pay your bill, you are responsible for providing electric power to run your life support device.
· You are responsible for backup power to run your life support device during power outages. LID does not and cannot give you a 100 percent guarantee that you will have electric service at all times. We strongly recommend that you have a backup power supply for your life support device. This will keep the life support device running even if LID power is out.
· You must fill out new application for Medical Life Support Rate each year. LID will let you know when it is time to do this.
Some documents are in PDF format. To read them you must have Adobe Acrobat Reader software installed on your computer. Download a free version of it from Adobe's web site.
- Call (209) 888-4799