(Community Alternative Rates for Electric Service)
Your enrollment in LID CARES reduces your bill by 25% of the R-1 tariff rate based on usage each month for a period of up to three years, or as long as you qualify.
Use the chart below to see if you would qualify.
The total income (before taxes) of all people in your household must be at or below:
|LID CARES Income Guidelines*|
|Persons in household||Monthly Income||Yearly Income|
|Each Additional Family Member add:||$541.00 per month||$6,496.00 per year|
|Effective January 1, 2015|
- Download the CARES APPLICATION, FORM 4506-T and all REQUIRED forms below using the blue links.
- Print and fill it out all forms (Incomplete applications will not be accepted).
- Include a copy of your LID electric bill. The name on the LID bill and the name on the application must be the same.
- Include proof of one month’s income received within the last three months for everyone in your household.
- Complete one IRS Form 4506-T for every adult (18 years or older) in your household.
- Mail the completed application and support documents to the address listed on the application form.
Monday - Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
REQUIRED FORMS (use this link to print all supporting financial documents)
Financial Support Verification Letter